- Esco Ascent™ Ductless Fume Hoods are useful for secondary and post secondary education, science classes and in laboratories where activated carbon filtration offers safety from selected aerosols and vapours.
- Hoods are easily assembled, portable, and configured for high visibility to improve classroom participation.
- Installation costs are minimal; no ducting required.
- Ductless fume hoods are ideal for protocols using small quantities of solvents.
- Depending on the solvents used, numerous vapour-generating laboratory processes such as HPLC preparation and biochemistry protocols can be performed with improved safety and comfort.
- Forensic laboratories frequently use sterilents and reservatives. Formaldehyde, often mixed with alcohols or phenols, is commonly used. OSHA has a specific standard for formaldehyde that stipulates initial and periodic monitoring, protective equipment and clothing, training and designating regulated areas among others.
- Common chemicals used:
- methyl methacrylate
From the clinical laboratory to the pathology department, ductless fume hoods offer protection against small quantities of formalin vapours and other chemicals used in histopathology and other processes.
Industrial / Commercial
Industrial and commercial applications range from quality control in cosmetic production to photochemicals, solvent extraction, purification and other processes where fumes or vapours are generated.
Ductless fume hoods will not remove tempered air from the cleanroom. A secondary HEPA filter can be installed to prevent particles generated during the work process from being recirculated to the cleanroom.
Other Examples of Applications:
- Touch Up Painting
- Slide Preparation
- Dental Laboratory
- Spray Adhesives
- Solvent Cleaning