Esco Limited Warranty Policies
Esco products come with either a 1 or 5 year limited warranty, depending on the product purchased, beginning on the date of shipment from any Esco international warehousing location. To determine which warranty applies to your product, refer to the appendix below.
Esco's limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. Esco's liability under this limited warranty shall be, at our option, to repair or replace any defective parts of the equipment, provided if proven to the satisfaction of Esco that these parts were defective at the time of being sold, and that all defective parts shall be returned, properly identified with a Return Authorization.
This limited warranty covers parts only, and not transportation/ insurance charges.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Freight or installation (inside delivery handling) damage. If your product was damaged in transit, you must file a claim directly with the freight carrier.
- Products with missing or defaced serial numbers.
- Products for which Esco has not received payment.
- Problems that result from:
- External causes such as accident, abuse, misuse, problems with electrical power, improper operating environmental conditions.
- Servicing not authorized by Esco.
- Usage that is not in accordance with product instructions.
- Failure to follow the product instructions.
- Failure to perform preventive maintenance.
- Problems caused by using accessories, parts, or components not supplied by Esco.
- Damage by fire, floods, or acts of God.
- Customer modifications to the product
- Consumables such as filters (carbon, pre-filters) and fluorescent / UV bulbs
Factory installed, customer specified equipment or accessories are warranted only to the extent guaranteed by the original manufacturer. The customer agrees that in relation to these products purchased through Esco, our limited warranty shall not apply and the original manufacturer's warranty shall be the sole warranty in respect of these products. The customer shall utilise that warranty for the support of such products and in any event not look to Esco for such warranty support.
Esco encourages all users to register their equipment online at www.escoglobal.com/warranty or complete the warranty registration form included with each product.
ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN TIME TO THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD HAS EXPIRED. ESCO DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AGAINST YOU FOR DAMAGES, FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR FOR LOST WORK. ESCO'S LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM. THIS IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT FOR WHICH ESCO IS RESPONSIBLE.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
Technical Support, Warranty Service Contacts
Singapore: +65 65420833
Global Email Helpdesk: email@example.com
Visit http://www.escoglobal.com/ to talk to a Live Support Representative
Distributors are encouraged to visit the Distributor Intranet for self-help materials.
Product Appendix, Warranty Listings
Biological Safety Cabinets, Laminar Flow Cabinets, HEPA-Filtered Cabinets (except Streamline brand) : 3 years limited
Laboratory Fume Hoods : 1 year limited
Ductless Fume Hoods : 5 years limited for Ascent Opti's and Ascent Max's
Cleanroom Equipment : 1 year limited
Laboratory Ovens and Incubators: 1 year limited
CO2 Incubators: 2 years limited
Containment/Pharma Products: 2 years limited
Policy updated on 15th November 2009 (This limited warranty policy does not apply to products purchased before 15th November 2009)